RSS

Recent Posts

Nostalgia
Patience is a Virtue
Sunday Morning Sweetness...
Weary of puddle jumping for today...
Cobalt blue bottle...

Categories

Every so often meanderings
Introduction
powered by

My Blog

Weary of puddle jumping for today...

Her hair whips at her back as she leaps over rain puddles filling the gravel lot just outside the shop.
Unaware that I am watching, she prances marveling over her own grace and determination.
The youngest of eight, she has learned the importance of her own strength.
No proclamations will shape her world. She is her own girl.
People have asked me before, how I do it all ? with eight kids and two over 75 living at our house!
I dont know how to answer that question?
Mountains to climb for me are an adventure.
I learned when I was little, like Eliza, that you had to make your own fun and be intrigued with life on a daily basis.
The most wonderful part about that is that the world is full of different people. I love people.
If you've stopped in the shop and meandered around long enough ..then we've probably ended up talking.
Sometimes short sweet and to the point-- but other times into deeper conversations than neither intended.
If you like platitudes, I am not your girl. I have no time for false pretense or quips of this and that.
I care about that look in your eyes. I want to know that you are attention starved and need to be heard.
I want to hear how you can't stand the way America has changed or your empty nest is lonely and you are not sure what you want to be when you grow up. I am creative and eclectic so we could chat about anything? ? Let's reminisce about how we played 'kick the can" in our neighborhoods and caught fireflies in mayonnaise jars...Or how we drove to our grandparents house every Sunday for supper and later watched old black and white movies while our parents played bridge on the screened porch.
I remember feeling really free as a child.
Free to do and discover whatever was out there for me to find.
I was young and full of expectation.
We all were once.
Why forget that feeling? We need to believe in our own God given grace and determination.
She is soaked now and hungry.
Weary of puddle jumping for today.
We are ready to lock up turn the door sign to CLOSED.
Laughing with my arms full I ask her to hold the screen door.
Hearing it slam as we walk away,
I thank God for a slow rainy shop day spent together.

13 Comments to Weary of puddle jumping for today...:

Comments RSS
Julie Mihill on Saturday, October 12, 2013 11:17 AM
Great reminder to cherish these precious memories being made. Those of us with lots of children of all ages understand well how quickly phases pass, but sweet reminders are always good. I really want to make it into your shop soon! It looks wonderful! Right now I barely have time to get to the grocery store. Hope to see you soon!

Pool Service Pompano Beach on Thursday, January 23, 2014 7:59 PM
I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this post about Weary of puddle jumping for today.... I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me

www.odbierzbonus.com on Monday, March 03, 2014 8:16 AM
Nice layout!

skup telefonow komorkowych warszawa on Monday, March 24, 2014 11:47 AM
Hello to all visitors, cheers!!

Best Stock Tips in India on Monday, April 07, 2014 6:43 AM
Your blog is so much interesting to read it makes me smile on my face and remember my days of childhood. Really superbb. Keep posting.

Free tips on commodity trading in India on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 3:57 AM
You are absolutely right. This Stock Exchange blog is very helpful for the peoples to learn some new things about this market.

Free Commodity Tips on Thursday, April 10, 2014 6:20 AM
You always write fabulous content when i read your blog i get something new. This is third time I am reading a your blog and again finding it inspirational one. And I am sure this number is going to be increased & You could be great author.

Free MCX Tips on Mobile on Friday, April 25, 2014 6:54 AM
Very nice experience shared here with us about puddle jumping, feeling good after reading this.

dmitri chavkerov on Friday, August 29, 2014 1:30 AM
It is an inspiring blog post about mcx tips. The issue handles very nicely. I really appreciate the communication skill of yours and definitely come soon by the time you will complete another write-up.

strona www on Thursday, October 09, 2014 5:51 PM
This issue will cope an excellent newborn monitor various organizations advertising systems, floor coverings and also carpeting

strona on Thursday, October 16, 2014 9:12 PM
If to recognise a stunning use of it again, make sure you make up for a good man-made lighting Choose along with tools besides easy, but additionally economical inside lengthy run

Stock Cash Tips on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 4:47 AM
Wow! Thank you! I constantly wanted to write on my website something like that. Can I take a fragment of your post to my blog?

Commodity Trading Tips on Friday, October 21, 2016 5:18 AM
This particular article is very great. I am a daily online reader, and i never seen this kind of very interesting matter on particular topic. Keep it up!!!